When designed properly, industrial LED lighting offers superior maintenance & energy cost savings that can directly affect your company’s carbon footprint, not to mention your bottom line.
Below are 4 reasons why Dialight industrial LED Lighting is environmentally advantageous compared to legacy lighting.
- No Toxic Substances or Replacement Bulbs
- HPS bulbs and Fluorescent tubes can contain mercury, phosphorous and other rare earth minerals that are both airborne and soil pollutants. Considering how often bulbs and tubes are changed out and disposed, this impact can add up quickly, as well as pose a poisoning hazard to workers in the event of bulb breakage. Switching to high-efficiency LEDs not only reduces energy-production related pollution, but also eliminates the hazardous material risk because Dialight LED Lighting contains no harmful chemicals. And because most Dialight fixtures are rated for 100,000 hours or more, this saves companies thousands each year on maintenance and waste removal costs.
- Twice the Light at Half the Energy – With more than 80% of the industrial sector still dependent on legacy lighting, we see a lot of highly inefficient products installed when we do lighting audits, like 1000W metal halides in facilities that require high mounting of over 50’. For these facilities, switching to industrial LED lighting is no brainer. The Vigilant High Output High Bay – Low Profile, for example, delivers less than half the wattage of a metal halide with more lumens and up to 3x times longer life span. Almost all of our LED fixtures are at least twice as efficient as metal halide and HPS lights.
- Fewer Fixtures Required. – Fluorescents often fail to deliver the appropriate level of illumination for their intended facilities, especially in high ceiling-mount situations. Fluorescents in particular have no directional light capability and are an inadequate source for 50-100-foot ceiling heights. This reduced visibility can often increase the amount of fixtures that a facility may have installed in a particular area. Dialight is constantly evaluating the latest LEDS and most advanced optics to give you crisp, low glare illumination exactly where you need it. As a result, our retrofit customers often install fewer LED fixtures that achieve high footcandles across their facility.
- Longevity – HPS, metal halides, and fluorescents require extensive warm-up periods, especially in extreme temperatures. Once they’re on, they struggle to stay lit at temperatures under 40°F, which causes the ballast to work harder. This reduces light output and the lifetime performance, causing reduced visibility and premature failure. The extended warm-up also essentially eliminates the ability to add occupancy sensors and other controls that make lighting more efficient. On the other hand, not only do industrial LED fixtures perform exceptionally well in cold zones, but their life span far exceeds that of legacy lighting. Thus, LED lighting minimizes the excess waste that comes with bulb and fixture changes and provides a safer, more reliable environment in the facility
While legacy fixtures may seem cheaper to install or maintain, the long-term total cost of ownership for these inefficient systems is extremely high. By investing in high-efficiency, high-performance industrial LED fixtures, a facility can substantially lower their lighting energy and maintenance costs while also improving overall facility efficiency, productivity and sustainability.